Kauffman Foundation Launches Founders School
Startups and entrepreneurs at every stage have a new resource to help them launch and grow. The new Kauffman Founders School—curated from years of the Kauffman Foundation's experience in developing and supporting entrepreneurship programs—is an online education portal that provides on-demand content that enables entrepreneurs to learn anywhere at anytime.
Three topics and experts currently are featured, with at least three more modules planned for this year and new content to be added in 2014. Current modules are:
- Entrepreneurial Selling, presented by Craig Wortmann, CEO and founder, Sales Engine, and clinical professor at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business
- Intellectual Property, presented by Peter McDermott, partner, Banner and Witcoff
- Powerful Presentations, presented by Nathan Gold, founder, The Demo Coach
"We carefully select experts who have substantive knowledge and experience as well as proven ability to teach cogently," said Wendy Torrance, entrepreneurship director at Kauffman who leads development of the Founders School. "We invite entrepreneurs and those who teach and mentor them to use this content to enhance their understanding of critical decisions, build essential skills and create opportunities to discuss the decisions they are making about their businesses every day."
Founders School curriculum includes:
- Presentations from leading experts
- Suggestions for related readings that enhance lessons and offer founders additional insights and resources
- Questions for founders and their teams to answer
- An "impact guide" designed to help answer the question, "What will I do differently as a result of the lesson I've learned?"
- Insights from other founders about how they've tackled challenges
- Tools and resources to help founders implement what they've learned.
The Kauffman Founders School is housed on the Kauffman Foundation's newly enhanced Entrepreneurship.org web platform, which offers a wealth of resources, educational information, and tools for entrepreneurs.