Entrepreneurs Share Secrets to Startup Success
Have you ever wondered how Richard Branson got his start as an entrepreneur? Or what inspired Marc Ecko to become a fashion mogul and serial entrepreneur. Personal lessons and insights from accomplished entrepreneurs are the basis of a new Khan Academy online interview series introduced recently by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
The series represents the first entrepreneurship content to be added to the Academy's vast collection of free online educational tutorials and learning resources, potentially inspiring its 6 million student users a month.
Presented in a conversational format with accompanying illustrations, the 20 videos featuring nine entrepreneurs sharing their experiences include a range of tips, anecdotes and personal characteristics, such as being fearless and thinking big.
The entrepreneurs featured in the new interview series are:
- Ben Milne, CEO of Dwolla
- Danny O'Neill, president of The Roasterie
- Giles Shih, president and CEO of BioResource International
- Lara Morgan, founder of Pacific Direct
- Marc Ecko, founder of Ecko Unlimited
- Philip Rosedale, founder and chairman of Second Life and founder of Coffee and Power
- Richard Branson, chairman of the Virgin Group
- T.A. McCann, founder and CEO of Gist
- Zach Kaplan, CEO of Inventables
So how did Branson get started? Watch and learn.