Best Dissertation Award for 2012
The KFS Best Dissertation Award will be presented to the best dissertation submitted to the Kauffman Foundation utilizing the Kauffman Firm Survey (KFS) during 2012. A cash prize of $1,000 is awarded to the author of the winning dissertation.
- The award competition is open to Ph.D., D.B.A., or other doctoral students at accredited U.S. universities who have completed their dissertation and have been awarded the doctoral degree during the 2012 calendar year.
- Dissertations submitted to other competitions are eligible.
- All dissertations must have made substantial use of the Kauffman Firm Survey.
Only submissions that comply with these guidelines will be considered. The Foundation reserves the right to withdraw from consideration any application that violates the proposal guidelines outlined in this request for proposals.
- The Subject line of the e-mail should be “KFS Best Dissertation Award 2012 Application.” Each submission to the KFS Best Paper Award should include a cover email including:
b. Mailing Address
e. Current College/University Affiliation and Department:
f. Former College/University Affiliation and Degree Completed
g. Dissertation Title
h. Dissertation Completion Date
i. Name of Supervising Professor
j. Telephone Number of Supervising Professor
k. Email of Supervising Professor
- A copy of the signed dissertation award letter from the committee or other proof that the dissertation has been completed.
- A description of the dissertation research and its conclusions. The summary must be written by the nominee; in addition, appendices containing the references and nontextual material, such as charts or tables, may be included. This summary should comply with the following format:
a. be double-spaced with 0 pt spacing before and after each line,
b. include page numbers and a header on each page bearing the nominee's name,
c. not exceed 10 pages,
d. use Arial typeface with 12-point font, and
e. use 1-inch margins on all sides.
The proposal must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 7:00 p.m. Central Time on March 12, 2013. Individuals submitting proposals will be notified via e-mail that their submission has been received. Proposals may not be mailed or faxed.
- A full electronic copy of the final dissertation.