Plan Your Trip
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
4801 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110
325 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112
Please contact our travel consultants at www.travelquote.com/kauffmanEntEcoConf or by phone at 877-504-7643.
Following are some brief details to keep in mind while planning your travel:
Thursday, October 1
Welcome reception and dinner beginning at 5 p.m. (details will be posted as available)
Friday, October 2
Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Conference
8:30 a.m. – begins with breakfast
5 p.m. – conclusion
6 p.m. - 8 p.m. – post-conference dinner
Recommended arrival time:
Thursday, October 1, 2015 - no later than 5 p.m.
Recommended departure time:
Friday, October 2 after 8 p.m. or Saturday, October 3.
Be sure to let the travel consultant know you will be attending the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Conference, October 1-2
The Kauffman Foundation’s travel consultants will book your round-trip ticket. Be prepared to provide the following:
- Where you will be departing from
- Where you will be returning to
- Your arrival and departure dates
Because of airline regulations, our travel consultant requires the following information:
- Your name EXACTLY as it appears on the government ID you plan to use (e.g., your driver’s license or passport)
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
Dress for the conference is business casual.
Expenses / Reimbursement / etc.
The Kauffman Foundation will be directly responsible for:
- Airfare: one round-trip, economy/coach airfare for each invited participant when booked through our travel consultants
- Raphael Hotel: room, tax and high-speed internet only for the published conference dates
- Ground transportation service to and from the Kansas City airport (MCI)
- Ground transportation to and from the hotel to conference events
As our guest, certain expenses will be eligible for reimbursement with appropriate receipts.
After the conference, the Foundation will provide reimbursement to participants for:
- Roundtrip economy/coach airfare up to $500.00 if booked on your own
- In lieu of airfare, mileage reimbursement at $0.575 per mile
- Your home to airport transportation, e.g., shuttle or taxi (but not private car service, limousine, etc.)
- Parking at your home airport
- Meals while traveling – copies of itemized and signed receipts required
Forms for Reimbursement
In addition to copies of your receipts, we will need a signed and dated W-9 form from you. The ACH form allows us to make direct deposit to you, it is not necessary but it is a convenient and secure way to be reimbursed. Please submit the form(s) by secure fax to 816-751-6862 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Expenses Not Covered
We regret that we are not able to cover other expenses including, but not limited to: baggage, airline priority boarding fees, car valet, gratuities, movies, dry cleaning, incidental costs, spa services, honor bar, or other costs. Meals on your own during the conference will not be covered.
Any expenses incurred by guests accompanying a conference participant to the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Conference will not be covered by the Foundation.
All charges, fees, additional fare costs, or penalties incurred from changes made to airline reservations after they are ticketed are solely the financial responsibility of the participant.
As a courtesy, we ask that all cancellations be made at least 14 days in advance.
If airline reservations have been made, confirmed, and ticketed prior to cancellation, the participant will be financially responsible for the full cost of the airfare. By making reservations with our travel consultants and accepting covered travel accommodations, you acknowledge and accept the terms of this cancellation policy.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Kauffman Foundation will accommodate reasonable requests for accessibility to the extent possible. Individuals requiring special accommodation are asked to make their specific needs known at least one month prior to the conference.