February 22-24, 2016 | Kansas City, Missouri
Join other leaders of entrepreneurship ecosystems from across the country to share knowledge, ideas, and experiences at the Kauffman Foundation's Metro Summit for Entrepreneurship Leaders.
You will develop relationships with, learn from, and counsel other entrepreneurship leaders as together you explore new ways to grow vibrant entrepreneurial communities.
This interactive, workshop-style summit will address such topics as:
- Developing public-private-philanthropic partnerships
- Talent development and retention
- Direct support for entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship-led equitable growth
- Cross-sector collaboration
- Community connectivity, and more
Workshops will be facilitated by distinguished entrepreneurship experts, including:
- Lisa Abeyta, founder and CEO, APPCityLife, Inc.
- Scott Bailey, managing director, MassChallenge
- Trey Bowles, cofounder and CEO, Dallas Entrepreneur Center
- Jose Corona, director of Equity and Strategic Partnerships, City of Oakland
- Brendan Lind, executive director, LaunchCode
- Joan Siefert Rose, president and CEO, Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- Tim Williamson, cofounder and CEO, The Idea Village
Who should attend?
The Summit is ideal for leaders from local entrepreneur support organizations, the public sector, higher education, philanthropy, economic and community development, and business leaders who are implementing key initiatives to improve conditions for entrepreneurship in their metropolitan area.
The event is on us
The summit begins at 5 p.m. CST, February 22, and ends at noon CST, February 24.
The Kauffman Foundation will provide airfare, two nights of accommodation, summit meals, and ground transportation for up to three participants per metro area when the participants register for the event by January 27, 2016, and book their travel through our travel providers by February 1. See Plan Your Trip for more information.