Educational videos offer as-needed curriculum for entrepreneurs at every startup stage, served up by leading experts covering often overlooked topics
(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) Oct. 3, 2013 – Tapping the potential of online education to teach entrepreneurs best practices in areas not typically covered in other training programs, the Kauffman Foundation today unveiled the Kauffman Founders School.
The online video education program — curated from years of the Foundation's experience in developing and supporting entrepreneurship programs — is designed to enable entrepreneurs to learn anywhere, anytime, and to immediately apply the lessons to their businesses.
"As we seek to encourage more people to start and grow companies, the Kauffman Founders School allows us to reach entrepreneurs with critical education, delivered by best-in-class experts, that, until now, hasn't been broadly available," said Thom Ruhe, vice president of Entrepreneurship at the Kauffman Foundation.
"Armed with the right information, entrepreneurs can significantly increase their effectiveness and improve their chances for success now and in the future."
Founders School curriculum includes:
- Presentations from leading experts
- Suggestions for related readings that enhance lessons and offer founders additional insights and resources
- Questions for founders and their teams to answer
- An "impact guide" designed to help answer the question, "What will I do differently as a result of the lesson I've learned?"
- Insights from other founders about how they've tackled challenges
- Tools and resources to help founders implement what they've learned
Three topics and experts currently are featured, with at least three more modules planned for this year and a steady stream of new content to be added in 2014. Current modules are:
- Entrepreneurial Selling, presented by Craig Wortmann, CEO and founder, Sales Engine, and clinical professor at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business
- Intellectual Property, presented by Peter McDermott, partner, Banner and Witcoff
- Powerful Presentations, presented by Nathan Gold, founder, The Demo Coach
"We carefully select experts who have substantive knowledge and experience as well as proven ability to teach cogently," said Wendy Torrance, entrepreneurship director at Kauffman who leads development of the Founders School.
"We invite entrepreneurs and those who teach and mentor them to use this content to enhance their understanding of critical decisions, build essential skills and create opportunities to discuss the decisions they are making about their businesses every day."
The Kauffman Founders School is housed on the Kauffman Foundation's newly enhanced Entrepreneurship.org web platform, which offers a wealth of resources, educational information, and tools for entrepreneurs. It can be accessed at www.KauffmanFoundersSchool.org or via www.Entrepreneurship.org.