Blog enhances content on entrepreneurship policy through Public Forum Institute, Kauffman Foundation collaboration
(KANSAS CITY, Mo.), Sept. 22, 2014 — It's no secret by now that entrepreneurs, and the firms they create, are major players in strengthening the U.S. economy. The success of these ventures, however, can depend greatly on the policy environment.
The Policy Dialogue on Entrepreneurship (PDE) blog, developed by the Public Forum Institute (PFI) and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, has launched a redesigned and expanded site at a new address — www.kauffman.org — to strengthen its focus on providing information and analysis of policies and initiatives that drive innovation and economic growth. PDE previously was housed on another Kauffman's website, www.entrepreneurship.org.
"Interest from policymakers and thought leaders on how to foster positive environments for nascent entrepreneurs and young firms has increased, both in the United States and around the world," said Jonathan Ortmans, PFI president and Kauffman Foundation senior fellow. "Integrating PFI's work with the Kauffman Research and Policy team will bring more depth and scope for those working to smooth the path of entrepreneurs."
Jason Wiens, Kauffman Foundation policy director and a primary PDE contributor, will provide enhanced content and greater insight into public policy experimentation at all levels of government, including state and local.
Other features of the relaunched site include:
- Expanded analysis of policies highlighted in the Kauffman Foundation's Entrepreneurship Policy Digest.
- Updates on developments from Capitol Hill regarding entrepreneurship-related policies.
- Guest blog posts from policymakers and other thought leaders on the intersection of public policy and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Engagement with global gatherings of "startup savvy" policymakers and researchers.
- Participation in efforts that gather and advance policy and programming best practices, including the Global Entrepreneurship Research Network, Startup Nations and the Global Entrepreneurship Congress.
Visit www.kauffman.org/blogs/policy-dialogue to learn more.