The Kauffman Foundation awards small grants of up to $50,000 each for nonprofit organizations offering sustainable after-school and summer enrichment programs for young people, with an emphasis on Kansas City's urban core.
Offering a variety of tutoring, mentoring, and academic enrichment activities beyond the normal school day, these organizations' efforts augment core areas of the Foundation's education mission.
In 2013, the Foundation has provided small grant support to a variety of Kansas City organizations, including:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
- Camps for Kids
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
- Swope Corridor Renaissance, The Upper Room
- Whatsoever Community Center
- Wildwood Outdoor Education Center, Environmental Science Education program