DonorsChoose.org connects public school teachers in need of classroom materials directly with individual donors who want to support public education.
The Kauffman Foundation's support provides match funding for classroom projects posted on DonorsChoose.org by public school teachers in the Greater Kansas City area.
How it Works
- Teachers identify materials or opportunities that would benefit their students' learning.
- Teachers post requests for those resources on DonorsChoose.org.
- Individuals visit the website to make contributions to the projects of their choice.
Match Funding Requirements
To receive match funding through the Kauffman Foundation, the following requirements must be met:
- Teachers should be from select school districts within Jackson, Clay, or Cass Counties in Missouri and Johnson or Wyandotte Counties in Kansas. See below for full list.
- Schools must serve populations in which at least 40 percent of students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Classroom projects cannot exceed $1,000.
- Each teacher is eligible to use the matching funds twice for their classroom projects.
- The 50 percent match will be activated only once a project is half funded, ensuring that the ultimate impact of the grant is doubled by individual donors who support eligible projects.