Friday evening, Nov. 7, 2014
Reception, 5:30 p.m. | Main event, 7 p.m.
The historic Midland Theatre ~ downtown Kansas City, Mo.
The first-ever North American Get in the Ring pitch competition will bring together entrepreneurs from Canada, Mexico, and the United States for an exciting primetime event. Eight elite finalists—narrowed from hundreds of applicants—will literally step in a boxing ring for a verbal sparring match to vie for the continent’s championship title, prizes, and a trip to compete at the global finals in The Netherlands.
The esteemed judging panel is comprised of:
- Devon Brooks (Canada) — cofounder of Blo, North America’s original blow dry bar
- Hernán Fernández (Mexico) — director and cofounder of Angel Ventures Mexico
- Mark Hasebroock (United States) — serial entrepreneur and founder of Dundee Venture Capital
- Leslie Jump (United States) — founder and CEO of Startup Angels and a board member of UP Global
- Paul Kedrosky (United States) — cofounder and managing partner of SK Ventures and of Garibaldi Capital Advisors, entrepreneur, and writer.
Event sponsors are Sprint and Combat Brands; media partners are Inc., Marketplace from American Public Media and Kansas City PBS station KCPT.
Please complete the information below: