Inspired by the life story of Pulitzer nominee Clifton Taulbert, the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is a powerful learning program designed to educate and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide.
Built for rigor and relevance, this highly interactive program enables participants to learn directly from the first-hand experience of successful, "unlikely" entrepreneurs. The overall objective is to empower learners by exposing them to entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in real-world entrepreneurial experiences.
Those who complete this course will be able to:
- Develop critical thinking skills that will enable them to identify and evaluate opportunities, manage risks, and learn from the results.
- Understand the process that enables entrepreneurs with limited resources to transform an idea into a sustainable success.
- Understand and apply fundamental aspects of entrepreneurial thinking across disciplines and as a means of personal empowerment.
- Establish goals, identify resources, and determine the steps required to accomplish their goals.
- Identify and interact with local entrepreneurs within their own communities.
Bringing Ice House to students across all disciplines is perhaps the most needed approach for getting the U.S. economy and the developing world on track by fostering bottom-up solutions that empower people to take charge of their lives and boost their local economies
—Steven Van Yoder, Entrepreneur and Author, Get Slightly Famous™